- To offer a high quality academic training in public administration, examining contemporary theories in the social sciences and administrative policies and practices.
- To equip students with a theoretical understanding of debates relating to management and to enhance their abilities to apply such knowledge to local, regional, and state level public administration
- To enhance the skills of participants, especially in relation to leadership, motivation and working with groups and in the planning, management and evaluation of public projects.
- To enhance participants’ understanding of social research on contemporary issues in their field and to facilitate learners to critically analyze these issues in the light of their own primary research and experience.
Upon completion of the training the graduate will have the following skills:
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Understand challenges facing different levels of public institutions
- Be able to undertake assigned tasks relating to organization management
- Maintain teamwork and community–based approach in executing government work
- Be able to obtain from stakeholders or customers the necessary information to prepare evaluation and assessment reports
- Have the capacity to properly undertake planning, organization, and staffing, directing, coordination, reporting, and budgeting of public organizations
- Have the ability to improve his/her professional skills and understandings on complexities of Public Administration
- Be able to prepare periodic reports as required by the governing rules and regulations
- Conduct training for staff and advocacy activities to raise community awareness
Public administration Degree course
- Introduction to Public Administration
- Government and Politics
- Introduction to international relation
- Leadership and Team Development
- African History
- NGOs Administration